Friday, March 13, 2015

Highlights of Chapter 3!

“Duncan!” Marina shouted, skipping over to him happily. “Look, Lizzie braided my hair! Isn’t it pretty?”
I followed behind her and met Duncan’s eyes before he looked up at Marina and nodded. “Yeah, it looks great. Did you say thank you?” His gaze went back to me and he grinned a little.
“Oh!” Turning to me, Marina smiled brightly, her brown eyes looking a lot less puffy than before. “Thank you, Lizzie. For a lot…” She made sure to soften her voice for the second part and I shook my head.
“You’re welcome. Any time!” I smiled back at her before nodding my head to Duncan. “Maybe I can braid Duncan’s hair sometime.”
Before turning around, I saw the same giddy expression from before and she giggled the same way. “You know, I think Duncan would love that.”
I looked at Duncan, his cheeks turning pink. I don’t know what my face looked like, but when he looked at me, he quickly stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. “Oh, shut up…” He mumbled. I couldn’t help but laugh along with Marina as the bell rang and we got into line.

OH MY HEART. Sorry, I couldn't hold that in. These three are just so special to me and although chapter three is pretty short, it's lovely. It's the first time you really get to see these three interact with each other and I think it's a lovely start. From here, Marina pops up a lot more in the story since she gets closer to Lizzie. Unless you've read the book, you don't see what happens to them in the chapter before this snippet, but it makes my heart happy.
Thank you for reading this post! I'm having a lot of fun already just reading through my book again. I can't wait to post up the rest of my favorite snippets! So stayed tuned to see the rest of them. Make sure to like, comment, and share this post to support me! Your support means the world and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment